Support for Palestinians in U.S. Remains Low

(Arab News-Saudi Arabia) Ray Hanania - Although a Gallup poll released last week shows that 52% of Americans support Palestinian statehood while 37% oppose it, claims that the survey reflects rising backing for their rights are exaggerated. That 37% is worrisome and the 52% is weak. Although a record high 25% sympathize more with the Palestinians than the Israelis, that still leaves 75% that either sympathize more with Israel (58%) or say neither/both/no opinion (17%). The poll also notes that more Americans want the U.S. government to pressure the Palestinians "to resolve the Middle East conflict" (44%) than Israel (34%), a figure that isn't something Palestinians should be cheering.

2021-04-01 00:00:00

Full Article


Visit the Daily Alert Archive