Egypt Reveals the Financial Terrorist Ties between the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas

(Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs) Yoni Ben Menachem - On Aug. 28, 2020, after seven years of an intense manhunt, the Egyptian security services arrested Mahmoud Ezzat, the acting general guide of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and head of its military wing, responsible for a series of attacks on senior Egyptian law enforcement officials. Ezzat was responsible for the 2015 murder of Egyptian Prosecutor-General Hisham Barakat, Egyptian security chief General Adel Rajaei, and police Colonel Wael Tahon in 2016. Ezzat provided a treasure trove of information about the Muslim Brotherhood's financing of Hamas and the global Muslim Brotherhood. Hamas leaders raised money in several Arab countries, including Syria and Algeria, in addition to the financial aid they receive from Iran. The international fund of the Muslim Brotherhood takes and invests 60% of these donations. The remaining 40% is distributed among the leaders of the movement, and 30% of the profits are transferred to Hamas. On Dec. 14, 2020, Al-Arabiya TV reported that Ezzat controlled assets of $19 billion.

2020-12-31 00:00:00

Full Article


Visit the Daily Alert Archive