Israel Responds to Gaza Rocket Fire - 2

(Times of Israel) Judah Ari Gross - The Israel Defense Forces said 70% of the incoming rockets and mortar shells fired at Israel from Gaza struck open fields. Of the remaining 30%, most were intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defense system. Several directly struck homes or landed just outside them. At least two rockets landed in the courtyards of schools, which were empty on the weekend. In response, Israel hit a cross-border attack tunnel and flattened an eight-story building used by Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad. The IDF said, "The structure that was attacked was used by Hamas' West Bank task force, which is responsible for directing terrorist operatives in the Judea and Samaria region to create terrorist infrastructure and to pass messages for terrorist activities and for transferring money and logistical support in order to carry out terror attacks against Israeli civilians." The building also housed the offices of the Turkish state-run Anadolu news agency, prompting condemnation from Ankara.

2019-05-06 00:00:00

Full Article


Visit the Daily Alert Archive