The Next Anti-Israel Temper Tantrum

(U.S. News) Lawrence J. Haas - Two dozen well-known novelists are writing a book about Israel's occupation of the West Bank that will lack context, ignore reality, give Palestinians a pass for their terror and Jew-hating, and do nothing to end the very occupation they deplore. Readers won't learn that Palestinians leaders have rejected peace with Israel that would end the occupation multiple times, most recently in 2008 when Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert offered Palestinians 93.7% of the West Bank, land to almost fully compensate for the other 6.3%, a link to Gaza, Israeli withdrawal from Arab neighborhoods in east Jerusalem, and international control over the Old City. They won't learn that Palestinian leaders reject peace with Israel because Palestinians largely reject the vaunted "two-state solution" - that is, the reality of a Jewish state in the historic Jewish homeland. They won't learn that Palestinian leaders indoctrinate their people in the ethos of endless war and boundless hostility to Israel; that "moderate" PA President Mahmoud Abbas pays homage to Palestinian "martyrs" who spill Jewish blood; and that Palestinian media feed their people a steady diet of "resistance" - to kill Jews and oust Israel from its land. The writer is a senior fellow at the American Foreign Policy Council.

2016-05-20 00:00:00

Full Article


Visit the Daily Alert Archive